The Telehealth Certification Institute, LLC is an approved provider of the Board Certified-Telemental Health Provider course. We provide the course in three different formats: online self-study, live interactive webinars, and live in-person. Organizations can also schedule an onsite training.
The steps to obtaining the BC-TMH credential are:
- Having an approved license/certification type. You can view the full list of approved profession types by clicking here.
- Completion of the full qualifying telemental health course.
- Passing the Telemental Health Credentialing exam (this exam is required to apply for the BC-TMH credential).
- Applying for the BC-TMH credential.
Reasons for obtaining the BC-TMH credential include:
- Offer your clients more ways to have sessions with you.
- Meet the demand for online counseling.
- Get listed on a national professional association’s credentialed provider listing.
- Reduce risk for your client, your license, and your practice.
- Adhere to your code of ethics and practice within your boundaries of competence.
- Use the BC-TMH credential letters after your name and be the preferred online counselor in your state.
- Become a preferred provider for insurance companies, EAPs, and organizations who are seeking telemental health providers.