Registration closes at midnight (EST) the day before the event
This live webinar will give you the latest information about insurance billing and coverage for video and phone psychotherapy sessions, and what is believed to be coming in 2023 Will clients lose telehealth coverage, and if so, how can we prepare? This presentation will share what is known, help you formulate better questions for health plans, and dispel common myths and misconceptions. The webinar is aimed at psychotherapists nationwide, both in- and out-of-network.
TOPICS WILL INCLUDE:
- A review of codes and modifiers for telehealth billing (and why assumptions can be dangerous.)
- Will plans keep covering phone sessions, and out-of-network providers?
- The best (and worst) place to find coverage info.
- How is documentation different for telehealth sessions?
- What if you give up your office? What address do you use on claims?
- Will you be paid less for telehealth sessions?
- Can you work with a client in a different state? (The answer may surprise you!)
- Will insurance cover interstate practice?
- What ALL therapists should be thinking about now to avoid treatment interruptions.
- Course Slides
- "Checking Coverage: 12 Essential Questions to Ask”
- “What to Ask a Plan When Giving Up Your Office or Practicing Across State Lines”
Identify how insurance coverage of telehealth coverage is changing due to the COVID
Identify how to code and bill for telehealth sessions, to avoid claim denials and treatment
Name two ways telehealth session documentation is different from in-person sessions.
Identify legal considerations before providing therapy across state lines.
Barbara Griswold, LMFT
Barbara Griswold, LMFT, is author of “Navigating the Insurance Maze: The Therapist’s Complete Guide to Working with Insurance — And Whether You Should” (8th edition). She has taught hundreds of trainings and provides phone consultations to therapists nationwide about insurance, progress notes, and building a thriving practice. Her mission is to help therapists feel as good about their business as they do about their clinical work. She can be contacted at www.theinsurancemaze.com.
0 CE hours
This presentation does not offer CE credits, just great content.
Register on the website before midnight the day of the event. You are required to:
- login and access the direct link to the webinar through your account
- your attendance is marked automatically when you use the direct link and attend fully
- complete a course evaluation at the conclusion of the event
- collect your certificate of attendance on your account after steps 1-3 are completed
Recordings are not provided to webinar registrants. No refunds are offered to those who do not attend.
Enroll in the webinar by adding it to the cart and proceeding through the check out process. Create an account (or login to yours) during the checkout process.
Prepare: Download Zoom software. Participants must use a device that is connected to adequate internet speed with a camera, microphone and speakers (or headset).
Attend: At least 15 minutes before the designated start time, login to your account on the website. Go to "My Courses", click on the title of the webinar. The link for the webinar will be listed in the course content.
Attendance is recorded automatically when you use the direct link and attend the full event.
By registering for this event you are agreeing to the following:
24 hour notice is required if you are not able to make it to a live event. A 10% processing fee is required for all refunds. Recordings are not provided to webinar registrants.
Test using Zoom.us/test before the event to ensure you are ready for the event.
Since this is a live interactive event, it means that your interaction during the event is expected.
Attendance is recorded when you use the direct link provided on the course page located under My Courses. An evaluation must be completed within one week of the event.
Respect all other participants during the event as though you would if you were sitting with the other attendees at a conference table:
- Dress appropriately
- Be in a private location void of distractions
- Do not multitask
- Remain on mute unless you are sharing with the group
Closed captioning is offered for participants who are hard of hearing.
During the live webinar, captions will be provided either by:
- clicking on a button at the top left corner of your screen to view the real-time transcription, or
- following the link given in the chat window to access the captions. If you use the link you will have to minimize the transcription window to fill half of your screen and the minimize the Zoom window to fill the other half of your screen. You can also use two screens if you would prefer.
This course is intended for clinicians who provide behavioral health services.
This is a live, interactive webinar