Finding the Right Program
Once you decide to further your training, you may wonder where to turn. Our recommendation is to look for coursework that covers the clinical, ethical, legal, and technological aspects of virtual counseling. It’s also advisable that your telemental health training program should be presented by a reputable, experienced educational provider who can move you closer to your goals.
Signs of a High-Quality Program:
- The reputation, background, and approaches are trustworthy.
- Direct contact from course mentors gives you the opportunity to ask questions, either during or after the presentation.
- If your profession’s member organization approves continuing education credits, then this strengthens the reliability of the training program.
- The trainer has an educational and professional background in the topic.
- The chosen training organization displays professionalism in all correspondence, including their presence on the web.
Other Questions to Consider:
- Is the training suitable for beginners and advanced practitioners?
- Can your colleagues vouch for the trainer or the organization's track record?
- Are disability accommodations provided during training sessions?
Opportunities from the Telehealth Certification Institute
You can build competence (and confidence) through a recognized telemental health training program. Whether you’d like to register for a free webinar, a specialized online course, or a comprehensive telebehavioral health training program, the Telehealth Certification Institute is here to support you. We partner with nationally-recognized behavioral health organizations, experts from other industries, and leading counselors in the field to deliver content that you can trust.