This is the audit version of the Telemental Health Law and Ethics Course and offers the same instructional content as the CE version of the course.
This audit version does NOT offer any CEs and will NOT count as progress toward the THTC Certificate. If you meant to register in the course that does offer CEs and from which you can earn the THTC Certificate, please refer to the "Related Courses" below.
Expand Your Practice and Help Expand Access to Your Services
This course consists of 5 topics.
- Introduction to TeleMental Health
- Legal Aspects of TeleMental Health
- Ethics of Using Technology in Behavioral Health
- HIPAA Compliance for Mental Health Professionals
- Ethical, Legal, and Clinical Aspects of Selecting Technology
Both clinicians and clients are using technology more than ever. Technology is helping many clients access the care they need and providing both clinicians and clients the convenience they desire. However, the competencies of using technology in healthcare are not so evident.
By completing this course, you will learn the legal, HIPAA, and ethical, aspects of selecting and using technology in your clinical work.
- Offer your clients more ways to have sessions with you.
- Meet the demand for online counseling.
- Reduce risk for your client, your license, and your practice.
- Adhere to your code of ethics and practice within your boundaries of competence.
- Become a preferred provider for insurance companies, EAPs, and organizations who are seeking telemental health providers.