Mastering Clinical Skills in a Virtual Environment
We recognize that school counselors and nurses require tactical tools to respond to the unique challenges of 2020. As academic institutions nationwide pivot to virtual services, school-based healthcare clinicians are grappling with the ethical, clinical, legal, and technical aspects of telemental healthcare.
Telehealth Certification Institute has trained over 18,000 clinicians in telemental health since 2014
We are committed to equipping behavioral health professionals in the education environment.
As a response, we are offering an accessible
Virtual School Counseling and Nursing Training
“Mastering Clinical Skills in a Virtual Environment”
This training can be completed as either a live webinar (in which clinicians will practice the skills they are learning) or as an online self-study program. Both versions cover the essential competencies of providing telemental healthcare, including topics such as:
- An Introduction to Virtual School Counseling/Nursing
- Ethics of Using Technology in Behavioral Health
- Clinical Skills of Video and Phone Sessions
- The Legal Aspects of Virtual School Counseling/Nursing
- Preparing Clinician and Student Environments
- Engaging Students in a Virtual Environment
- Emergency Management Planning for Virtual School Counseling/Nursing
- Screening for Fit for Virtual School Counseling/Nursing
- Skills Practice
After completing this training, school counselors and nurses should feel confident in providing the same quality of care virtually as they do face-to-face at school.